New Orleans Gas Lanterns
Make a statement on your home with something that truly says “New Orleans”
Culture, music, food, commerce, and history: New Orleans has a lot to offer both residents and tourists. What could be a better souvenir from a trip to the Big Easy than a New Orleans style gas lantern? More tasteful than plastic beads, more pleasant than a hangover, and more permanent (hopefully!) than a few extra pounds from the delicious cuisine, a gas lantern brings a little bit of the New Orleans culture and beauty to your home, regardless of its proximity to the great port city.
The New Orleans style gas lanterns look very similar to the original gas lanterns used in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries to light homes and streets in the bustling city. Simple in structure, these four-sided glass enclosures topped with an angled copper roof and handle are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Just like the originals, the modern New Orleans style lanterns can be hung or mounted based on your preferences. Additionally, they come in variety of sizes.
New Orleans Gas Lanterns: Innumerable Options
- Light an entrance: Hanging gas lanterns or gas lanterns mounted on either side of a doorway are an attractive and unique alternative to traditional light bulb fixtures outside your homes’ doorway.
- Illuminate the path: Using post mounted gas lanterns, you can make it easier for cars entering your driveway or people walking along a path to see where they are going without adversely affecting the overall appearance of your home and property.
- Complete the look of a room: For indoor uses, a gas lantern provides a way to sufficiently light a room without taking away from the old-world charm of antiques or more rustic styles.
Other options for New Orleans style gas lanterns
Because of their many mounting option and durable copper construction, New Orleans style gas lanterns are easy to find a place for. Almost any wall space will do as these lanterns can be used either indoors or outdoors. These are some of the most popular:
- Low voltage electric power allows for indoor use. You can now have your New Orleans lantern fitted with an electrical power source for safe, low voltage use either indoors or outdoors. Low wattage electric bulbs used with a dimmer switch will make these lights look truly spectacular when placed indoors.
- Outdoor Entrance Lighting: While it is common to place a lamp or lantern near the entryway of a building, another option owners have is to line exterior walls with attractive fixtures that enhance the decor.
- Accent your antiques: Homeowners and businesses with some antique design elements may be the perfect backdrop for New Orleans gas and copper lanterns. Whether they prefer the look of a low flickering flame or the ease of using an electrical fixture, they can select copper lamps and lanterns that match their buildings.
A Piece of New Orleans You Will Enjoy for Years
There are limitless options when it comes to incorporating your new gas lanterns into your home’s interior or exterior. If you need more help or suggestions, please contact the staff at Flambeaux lighting.