As an alternative to traditional exterior electrical lighting, homeowners and businesses may consider installing copper lanterns for gas or electric use. Handmade copper lanterns are available from expert craftsmen in a number of styles, including electric, gas and liquid propane. While many of the designs are also available with electrical wiring, gas or liquid propane lanterns provide a romantic radiance that cannot be replicated. These lighting structures add to the ambience of an indoor or outdoor space with the warm glow they produce, and because of the flame, a distinctive patina develops on the copper exterior that is all the more special for being authentic.
Uses for Copper Lanterns
Our most popular copper lanterns are those that have been inspired by the Flambeaux French Quarter Lantern which typically features a natural gas flame. On all of our models, owners can control the size of the flames, so that they do not grow too large. In addition to being appropriate for homeowners who want to illuminate their patios, copper lanterns are nice choices for hotels that want flattering light on the decks surrounding their pools and restaurants with romantic outdoor dining areas
1. Decorative Lighting: Generally speaking copper lanterns used as outdoor lighting will help make any building exterior more welcoming. While it is common to place a lamp or lantern near the entryway of a building, another option owners have is to line exterior walls with attractive fixtures that enhance the decor.
2. Create a unique look with multiple lanterns: Rather than relying on a single outdoor lighting fixture, a decorator can opt for a series of wall lamps or lanterns. When there are multiple fixtures, the light emitted from a single lamp or lantern does not have to be as bright. Instead, softer lighting can be used, which many people find more appealing.
3. Accent your antiques: Homeowners and businesses with some antique design elements may be the perfect backdrop for outdoor copper lanterns. These can be fueled by gas, liquid propane or electricity, giving owners complete control over the amount of light they produce. Whether they prefer the look of a low flickering flame or the ease of using an electrical fixture, they can select copper lamps and lanterns that match their buildings.
Styles of Copper Lanterns Designed by Flambeaux Lighting
Whether customers are selecting lighting fixtures for residential, commercial or public properties, they will find many designs they can use to accentuate the landscaping. Among the styles they can consider are:
• Modern, rectangular outdoor lanterns in copper, such as the Lakeview model with glass panels
• Six-sided designs like the Flambeaux French Quarter Lantern style
• Lanterns with ornate detailing atop the body of the lamp, including the Jamestowne and England Street styles
The large selection of handmade copper lantern styles available provides customers with the ability to make any outdoor space look as though its lighting is custom designed. At Flambeaux Lighting, we provide residential and commercial customers alike with a collection of copper lanterns to add both lighting and style to their properties. Our team can be reached via email or by phone at 866-799-8443 to answer any questions customers may have.