Flambeaux French Quarter Gas Lanterns
Gas Lanterns with Timeless Appeal
Just as the French Quarter is New Orleans’s best known and oldest neighborhood, the gas lanterns created in this style have older roots and a strong reputation. Designed in the spirit of the French Quarter, these hand-crafted lanterns from Flambeaux Lighting remain a popular choice for both indoor and outdoor decorative and lighting needs. Beautiful, functional, and historically relevant, a gas lantern in the Flambeaux French Quarter style can give a New Orleans feel wherever installed.
Find the Perfect Style of Flambeaux French Quarter Gas Lanterns
While the Flambeaux French Quarter style gas lantern is a popular and timeless choice, there is a range of styles available from Flambeaux lighting to choose from. The following list will provide an introduction to the five major styles of gas lanterns:
- Flambeaux French Quarter: The Flambeaux French Quarter lantern is considered the “original” gas lantern of this style. It has four sides, creating a simple yet elegant look that also gives off a great deal of light.
- Six-Sided: A different take on the original Flambeaux French Quarter gas lanterns, these lanterns have two additional sides to create a hexagonal formation of six sides. Like the original Flambeaux French Quarter design, these can be hung from a yoke, attached to a wall, or mounted on a post.
- Post-Mount: A post mount is a type of gas lantern that can be mounted on a freestanding post or column. This description can apply to any style of lantern, but refers to the mounting on the bottom that allows for a stable positioning on a smaller base.
- Bracket Mount: Bracket mounts, like post mounts, refer to the way the lantern is fitted to be mounted. Bracket mounted lanterns are affixed to the side of a vertical wall, such as an indoor kitchen wall or an exterior garage wall.
- Hanging Lantern: The final option for gas lantern placement is hanging the lantern, rather than mounting it on a post or bracketing it to a wall. These hanging lanterns can be suspending from ceilings or over doorways, giving them a different versatility than the other two placement options.
Great Choices in Power – Gas or Electric
One of the greatest benefits of Flambeaux French quarter gas lanterns is your choice of power. While many of our clients opt for the traditional natural gas fueled lanterns, all of our designs can be fitted for use with electricity and a light bulb or even propane. Choosing electricity allows you to safely mount these lanterns anywhere inside your home thus giving you many more decorating choices for styles of New Orleans gas lanterns.
At Flambeaux Lighting, we make each of our Flambeaux French Quarter Gas Lanterns by hand. To inquire about any of the lantern designs available in our catalog, customers can contact our staff by email or call us at 866-799-8443.
Article Written By: Andre’ Savoie